Until a few years ago, no one actually had any idea about it. But today, it is all the rage on Instagram. Cashew Apple Fruit is touted as the next superfood. While sweet and crunchy Cashews enjoy great popularity as a healthy snack, the cashew apple fruit is slowly gaining popularity among fitness lovers. It is found to contain a total of nine minerals at different levels such as magnesium, sodium, iron, calcium, copper, sodium, and zinc.
Traditionally, cashew apples were tossed to the ground to rot. They were seen only as an indicator of ripeness. They were thought to be useless until its nutritional properties were discovered. It is now well known for its antioxidant properties. And it’s the Cashew Apple juice that is now being revered for its anti-inflammatory and wound healing properties. This tangy and sweet juice of cashew apples is believed to be the next coconut water or acai juice. It has even earned it a title of “beverage of gods”. Nutrition and health experts praise its high vitamin C content, and there are even claims that it helps burn fat and improves sexual performance.
Cashew Apple is light reddish to yellow fruit that can be turned into a sweet fruit drink or distilled into liquor. In Goa, it is famously known as Cashew Feni. It is a good source of magnesium, which is known to play a vital role in the development of bones, muscles, tissues, and organs. Researchers also believe that the high amount of vitamin C and a low amount of sugar plus no cholesterol makes it safe for diabetics as well. Here are some more benefits of Cashew Apple Fruit:
- It helps to burn fat.
- They contain high levels of lutein and zeaxanthin, which act as antioxidants and help improve eyesight.
- It aids in maintaining stomach health.
- It offers a high level of vitamin C.
- Cashew extract contains anarcardic acid, which is an antioxidant and has been shown to limit the pigmentation effects of aging.
- It promotes muscle health. According to a study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, men who drank cashew apple juice during high-intensity workout had enhanced fat utilization.
- It is an immunity booster as it has antibacterial properties and considered to be effective in treating stomach ulcers and gastritis.
- It is heart-healthy as it is considered helpful in lowering high blood pressure because of the magnesium compound in it.
- It is also known to have a neuroprotective and cognition-enhancing effect.
- The juice extracted from cashew apple is effective in curing chronic dysentery.
- It also acts as a probiotic.
Sip on the Cashew Apple Juice
2 Cashew Apple/ Cashew Fruit
2 garlic cloves
Method: Grind all and it is ready to drink.
Best time to have it: Morning or as a midmorning snack is idea